What a great year for health, changes, growth, and community. Thought I would take a few minutes to recap the highlights of 2012.
1. Best Race Experience – Rock N Roll Chicago
What a great city and a well run event. Was my first half of 2012.
This was the last marathon I ran in 2009. Was a great start for my early year training.
2. Best Run – Kayser Half Marathon Orange Beach
In all three half marathons, I set a new PR but this was the most special for two reasons, I ran 2:13:00 and was able to run this with my sister and her family.
3. Most Scenic Run – Valley of Fire Las Vegas
Made the one hour drive at 4:30 am to run before sunrise. This was such a breathtaking and moving run. To see the sun come up and watch it reflect of the stones caused me to just stop in my tracks at every turn. A true blessing.
4. Best piece of equipment – Nike GPS watch and app
I love the feedback I receive during the run. The GPS app provides great motivation and planning for future runs.
5. Best piece of running advice you’ve received: “A long term goal without a daily plan is only an idea.” Hank Johnson This led me to my mantra “the will to prepare”
6. Describe the year in a few words: Amazing. I was afforded some opportunities with KT Tape and Nike along my journey. Doors have opened that I couldn’t have imagined. I was able to run with family and friends. I’ve met so many people who inspire and encourage me to keep going. Reached 1,000 miles in a year for the first time.
7. Most inspiring runner – Three guys on Instagram: Benji Zimmerman, Raul V (v_running), and Butch (butchyboo619) plus the entire team @furtherfasterforever. Find them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and the website http://www.furtherfasterforever.com it’s free! Great group that will motivate and inspire you.
8. Favorite Part of Running routine: Long run Saturdays with Josh Lewis.
Its a great time of catching up on life and building community.
9. Coolest moment from 2012 – Being named Nike Runner of the Week in October
This was beyond words for me. I still haven’t soaked it all in.
10. Special Moment – Any time I am able to run with my sister.
Happy New Year to you.